Thursday, September 29, 2011

Evening Ponderings

I recently read a quote that many Christians may know, " If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." And for whatever reason, as I sit in my bed on a Thursday night, I feel like that quote is just wrong. I understand where it is coming from but I don't think that's what God does at all.

No new news to anyone I have been thinking about my relationship with God and a lot of the mistakes I have made along the way and it has been quite refreshing to get to know Him again. I mean really know him though its a process. I find that as a girl who has had plans, hopes and dreams come, go or get crushed, God doesn't relish in my disappointment. When my plans fail, I think He mourns with me. When my heart hurts, I think He hurts to in someway. And as a feeble human I would feel so utterly terrible at the thought that the God of the universe would laugh when I hurt. Good thing scripture tells us that God is near to the brokenhearted.

I think God's plans for us are better than what we have for ourselves, though we may not see or feel it in the moment. At least that is what I have to keep telling myself cause there are days when i feel like i screwed up the life i thought i was supposed to have. But I have to trust that where my plan fails His plan prevails in my life.

In short as I live through and face one of my biggest regrets and hurdles to this date, I know that God is for me, not against me. And i certainly don't believe He is laughing at me while I break. He's in the boat, ready to catch me when i sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment