Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year, New Heart


Its been quite some time since I have updated my blog, but now that I have a brand spanking new laptop in my clutches I hope not to be so neglectful :)

2011 came here so fast and I wasn't ready for it but I guess you have to learn to be. We have been going through a new series at church about rebooting ourselves for the new year and seeing in what direction our lives are heading. I would like to think I'm always the one who likes to be all wax poetic and reflective on my life but thats all a front for whats really going on inside. The truth is no one really likes to sit with their self and really find out the stuff thats wrong, the stuff that needs to change, or just facing who we have become and seeing who we want to be.

But thats all got to change

Looking over the last year I realize how blessed I truly have been. God rose up a really great group of friends when i was close to feeling abandoned. God allowed me to spend some wonderful time with my best friend/ roommate for a 1 1/2 yrs. and though it ended on some crazy terms I still love her and cherish the learning experience that erupted. I learned more about what faith looks like, what love looks like, and a lot of what it looks like to be your self and have some fun. But also on the same token I see how I have let doubt creep in, and just ultimately not caring for myself and becoming unhealthy- inside and out. I also realize even more how much i need the Grace that Jesus gives and learn how to forgive myself.

SO as this year is beginning I'm saying good bye to yesterday and hello to the bright possibilities that lie in front of me. 2011 I'm coming for you and its going to be a great story to tell!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment