Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthday, Birthday Birthday!!

25....wow.

I officially turned a quarter of a century today. Not that I didn't expect to make it this far in life but I am reminded of how any day when you wake up its a blessing- cause tomorrow is never promised to us.

And though it may not mean cause its so easy to click a button, i was so shocked to see that over 50 people said a happy birthday to me on Facebook :) I guess I'm an overly sentimental gal, but I was touched to see many hard felt jokes, messages and even just a plain happy birthday. In this day and age where we are so disconnected and isolated from everyone- only letting the select few into our circles- its the least thing we can do for someone who has crossed our paths, after all why shouldn't we all celebrate a day when one of our brothers or sisters came into the world?

I really love to celebrate birthdays- mine or someone else's. I'm one of those people who thinks its a pretty big deal that someone made it to another year, cause there are plenty of people who actually don't. Preferably, there should be cake, people, and a whole lot of joy. No matter how you like to spend it- it should be how that person wants it to be - at least within reason.

For myself? I decided on making it a 3 day affair and sharing it with some people who have been dear to me.

Day One, A few of my wonderful girl friends and I took to a night on the town, getting all gussied up and dining finely at the Olive Garden. I LOVE the Olive Garden. I mean it may not be the best Italian food in the world but for whatever reason it is the best to me! I ate what I wanted- without worrying about the calories, mind you- and had a Salad, the main entrée AND dessert (usually i'm so full I never make it there but thats why they invented lovely take-out boxes )! After dinner, we went to see the Lion King since none of us had ever seen it before. We had always mean meaning to go and a friend of mine went on her birthday so I though it was a pretty great Idea. The show was AMAZING!!! I so loved it and would love to go and see it again some time... I'm thinking of taking my mom :)

Day Two, My Actual Birthday, I woke up early enough this morning all excited since I took the day off. My mommy made me my favorite breakfast ( her French Toast) and I did nothing but lounge around in my pjs ALL day. The most I have done thus far is watch Annie cause i really like it and I hadn't seen it in a while.

Day Three, to be determined.... Well when that day comes in the future we will see what happens :)


All in all I think i had a pretty great birthday, there are only 2 things that can make it better- eating my cake and hearing back from the voice I miss the most :)

No comments:

Post a Comment